samedi 3 janvier 2009

2009 is here!!!

HOORAY!!!! Evan will be a 2009 baby! I offically made it to 2009. It seems so unreal to be here. I spent so much time worrying about having a 2008 baby and now it is finally time! My main reason I wanted to make it until 2009 was because of school. In France January is considered the cut-off date, so babies born in 2009 start school in 2012 but babies in 2008 (even up to December) start already in 2011!!! It makes SUCH a huge difference for the first year of school, and in my personal experience it makes even a bigger difference with a boy. Erik, although potty trained at 2, was really a Mama's boy. He liked ME to put his shoes on, his coat etc...but the girls have BOTH wanted to do those things as early as 18 months. Kaitlyn, the queen of independence, has been dressing herself for months already (minus putting the shirt over her head). She will put on her socks, shoes, hat, coat, and even pants by herself. That extra year will be HUGE for a little baby. I'm secretly happy to have him home with me for a year longer as well!!! :) They grow up all too fast, and that extra year at home will be priceless for me.

So now that I'm in 2009 I'm feeling pretty ready. Toomas' Mom arrives on the 9th so only 6 short days away from now until we will be blessed with a full-time babysitter. We are so thankful that she is willing to travel all this way to stay with us an help us out. She came here in 2006 for Kaitlyn's birth and it was wonderful to feel so relaxed about leaving the house to go to the hospital. We do have 2 backup options for these next 6 days, but somehow I think I'll make it until the 9th. I've always had my babies pretty much right on time (although I may be jinxing myself by saying that).

As far as the to-do list goes...I'm READY! I was looking at it last night and it only consists of putting the bags in the car right now :) Evan's room is prepped: clothes, bedding etc is all washed and organized. My house needs a good vacuuming top to bottom, but I am going to wait until the 9th because I don't want to go into labor before then. I've packed and REPACKED my hospital bag and finally think I have all I will want/need. I always over-pack, but 4 days in the hospital is a long time and I prefer to over-pack and have everything then underpack and not be comfortable. I even went to the grocery today to buy all my water (Perrier is a MUST) and high protein snacks for the hospital room. I'm usually really hungry (and THIRSTY) those first few days of breastfeeding.

Yesterday I went and had my FINAL blood draw for this pregnancy. They need current platelet counts etc for delivery, and of course the Strep B. Everything looked great. I'm negative for Strep B and all blood paramaters were within range. I also had my LAST toxoplasmosis test which was also happily negative!!!! I can't believe this is the homestretch. So exciting!

Aucun commentaire: