mardi 16 septembre 2008

Bedding and Belly photos


Well I can't belive the time is passing so fast. I am in a whirlwind of projects at the moment so excuse my lack of blogfulness. Does my ticker say 22 weeks? This is what happens when the kids start back to school and I have TIME to get some things done. I've been running around like crazy trying to tie up loose ends around here. I have been very slack in the last year (or even since Kaitlyn was born) on updating everyones baby books and school memory albums. So I finally bit the bullet and got those out and they are almost all updated! I ordered photos to complete them and had to go back through a lot to find the ones I needed. It is great getting them up-to-date! I'm also working on a pregnancy album which is taking a TON of time. It is gorgeous so far and I know I will be so happy to have it to look back on. I have done one for each child and I love cross referencing and comparing pregnancies too!
I got my baby bedding order on Friday!! We went with the "Choo Choo Express" theme from Lambs and Ivy. I LOOOOOVE it! The blues are so wonderful (denim and lighter shades) and I was looking for a lot of tan and brown also, so this was the perfect match. Here is a link of the complete set. We also set up the new crib, ordered a new mattress for the crib and also a desk for Erik last week. The crib is great. I got a really nice deal on it since it was in stock. It maches Erik's old chaning table and glider rocker perfectly (you can see them together in one photo I posted). I'm so happy with the way the room is shaping up! All that is really left is to hang the wall border and decorative shelf. I brought up a bunch of ziplock bags from the basement with baby blue blankets, the sling, and other essentials and got everything washed and organized. I've hung a lot of clothes in the closet now too and it feels so great to go in there and sit in the glider and DREAM of my new baby!! I'm getting so excited!
Next week (one week from today) we have an appoitment for a ultrasound and exam. The u/s will be quick. It is just to take a 2nd look at the heart and confirm her findings from the 19 week ultrasound. I'm praying all will continue to look healthy and wonderful!
Physically I am doing well but tired. I've been doing a lot lately and in addition to taking care of the regular household tasks, it is a bit draining. I just really want to complete a lot of my projects before the baby arrives and I'm already feeling the time crunch (especially with Christmas being just around the corner and all that goes into that!). We're really looking forward to a fun Christmas this year with my Mom's trip coming up! She'll be here for nearly 3 weeks which will be AWESOME! I really want to have my nesting projects completed by late November...There is still a lot to do but I'm getting there slowly but surely!
So here are a few shots of the bedding and our furniture. I will of course post photos when the project is complete with wall border and other decorations.

1 commentaire:

4 in 4 a dit…

That is great Kelly. I love the bedding and you are so organized, getting everything done ahead of time. This time last year, the time crunch hit me hard as well andf I remember feeling like I would never get it all done before Christmas. Somehow it did, and it will for you as well. Can't wait to see more u/s photos.

Oh, I love your growing belly. So cute! You look great!

Love
Alex