mardi 2 septembre 2008

20.5 Weeks


Well I've really gotten bigger this week. I stepped on the scale and I can see why I've been feeling bigger--I gained almost 1 kg since the last weigh-in. Maybe it is a bit of water weight though due to the heat we've had the last few days. I FEEL a lot bigger now though too, so I think the baby has had a growth spurt. Also I'm feeling stronger and stronger kicks as well.
Today was the start of school for Krista and Erik. I saw a lot of people that I haven't seen in 2 months-- so there were a lot of shocked looking faces to see my big stomach! The weather was warm so I was wearing a tight fitted, short sleeve maternity top which didn't conceal my growing stomach.
Interestingly, the general consensus was HUGE CONGRATS to us, and what a wonderful, big family we will have. Everyone seemed to ask about the gender too and I got many comments on how fabulous it will be to have 2 of each. I was surprised by how excited everyone was! Everyone just thought it was so "courageous" and exciting to have a big family! It was really a great morning.
When I got home I actually had a cup of coffee (okay 1/2 cup). Kaitlyn was still asleep (Toomas had stayed home with her) so I decided to relax a bit. It was my first coffee in the pregnancy believe it or not. It was so nice to have a peaceful morning. I know I will get a lot done now with my mornings free since Kaitlyn usually sleeps in and plays well by herself.
So that is my 20 week update in a nutshell! I'm halfway there folks! Can't belive it myself!!!

1 commentaire:

4 in 4 a dit…

Hi Kelly
Wow! You look great! And how terrific that everyone is excited for you. It sure beats the "Are you crazy" response that you may have expected (which is the one I received throughout my last pregnancy).

Love
Alex