mardi 3 juin 2008

First Ultrasound!




I had my FIRST ob appointment and ultrasound last night at 7 weeks, 3 days. I didn't think I would get a ultrasound because my doctor was running REALLY behind schedule (TWO hours!), but thankfully she let me take a peek! In France the first official ultraound is around 12-13 weeks. The great news is that I got to see the heartbeat flashing on the screen --what a sight! I'm a bit frustrated because my doctor always goes by lmp date and not ovulation date, so that puts my due date 4 days later than it should be, but I'm going by MY calculations! I have short cycles and I know my cycle so end of story: my edd is January 16, 2009! Baby measured right on target at (7 weeks 2 days), (7 weeks, 5 days), and (8 weeks, 1 day). I told my doc that I have no major pregnancy symptoms to date this time around, with the exception of some very mild nausea and a distaste for certain foods. She reassured me that this is no indication of a healthy pregnancy. It is such a shocker for me because I was SO sick with all 3 other kids!! So...I guess it is OFFICAL now! :) Seeing the heartbeat is always very reassuring!

Aucun commentaire: