mercredi 21 janvier 2009

He's Here!!!! Evan has arrived!!!

We have BABY NEWS!!!!

I'm very happy to announce that Evan Thomas has arrived, safe and sound!



Baby Stats:
========================
Name:
Evan Thomas
Birth Date: January 15th, 2009
Time:
11:30 a.m.
Weight:
3,850 grams / 8 pounds, 7 oz.
Length: 53 cm / 21 inches
Apgar: 10

I just wrote out Evan's birth story (which happens to be 5 pages long!). I'm planning on shortening it for the blog, but it will be soon to follow. In a nutshell it was just PERFECT. I had the labor and delivery of my dreams (and baby of my dreams) and feel so feel very complete with the whole experience! With each child I have become a bit more and more precise about how I dream my labor will be....and since this was my last baby, I'm just SO happy that it went so perfectly. For now here are a few pictures of my labor and delivery and the moments after the birth. I have a zillion photos to come of our hospital stay so stay tuned :)

This is the natural labor and delivery room where I delivered Evan. Isn't it gorgeous!! I was SOOOOO hoping to have the natural delivery room available and it was. That big round tub there was my LIFESAVER! It was certainly what got me through it. I also used the tub during my natural delivery with Kaitlyn but this time I stayed in the water until the pushing phase. It was AMAZING to feel the relaxation of the hot water!Me in labor. This photo was taken at 10:40. I was only 50 minutes away from meeting our new baby!

And...HERE HE IS!!! Just moments after his birth... SO VERY NEW!!!

I'll be posting a few more photos of his birth and the birth story very soon! Stay tuned!

3 commentaires:

4 in 4 a dit…

Aww! Congratulations, Kelly! He is just precious and you look gorgeous. So glad to hear every thing went well and you had the labor and delivery of your dreams! Looking forward to the rest of the story and more pictures. Congrats, again!
Love
Alex

V aka The Mama a dit…

Congratulations! He is beautiful and perfect. It's wonderful to hear that you had such a great delivery. Sorry for only commenting now, but I was offline for a bit. Oh yeah! He was born on my wedding anniversary!

V aka The Mama a dit…

Sorry, the last poster was me. Veronika