vendredi 9 janvier 2009

A Grandma on the way and Shots of Labor Room

So in about 15 minutes time Vanaema (Toomas' Mom) will be on her way here from Sweden to our rescue. She had been in Sweden for Christmas (visiting T's sister and famiy) and it is much more logical (and cheaper) to travel from Stockholm to France then from Estonia!!! We are SO happy to have her willing to help us out. She was here when Kaitlyn was born back in 2006 and it was just so comforting knowing that we had family at home with the kids--and to be around to help Toomas out while I stay in the hospital. In France the average stay for a 2nd (or greater) child is 3 nights. I'm hoping on FOUR! I can always use that extra day. I stayed 4 nights when Kaitlyn was born and I find it so great. At home I NEVER rest so this forces me to take it easy. It is just great to know that she'll be around to help Toomas run the household while I'm away...and of course be there while Toomas is with me for the labor. For Kaitlyn's birth we had to leave the house around 2 a.m. so we just tapped on her door and told her we were off. It was SO easy!

I thought I'd pull up a picture of Kaitlyn's birthing room to get me in the mood for this big event! Some days I'm still in SHOCK that the time is already here for baby Evan! I don't think the reality will hit until he is finally here! The pregnancy has been VERY do-able. From the start I didn't have the morning sickness I had with the others and I was functional. Trust me, it is no cake-walk being pregnant with 3 young children, but this pregnancy has been very do-able. I'm thankful that I've been able to stay functional for the entire pregnancy. I'm sad to see it over, but very happy to be where I am right now...just on the verge of completing our family.

Anyway, this is the clinic where I HOPE to deliver. They have a fantastic jacuzzi tub, hanging slings, yoga ball, sterio and all sorts of natural labor "toys". I really want to have a repeat of the all natural birth I had with Kaitlyn! I'm hoping to be so lucky again. As I mentioned before there is an onslaught of babies that are due to be born in January, and this clinic only has ONE natural birthring room and circular jacuzzi. I'm counting on this room being available. I'm also really wanting (*read NEEDING) a single room. If one or both of these aren't available then I will have to go the public hospital about 5 minutes down the street. It has recently been renovated and is infact very very modern and nice. There are primarily only single rooms there so it would be a sure thing to get one...and they have THREE natural birthing rooms (only 1 with the circular jacuzzi though). I'd have a very good shot of getting what I need there, but the clinic is just so much cozier and I just LOVED the BIG labor room. The comforts at the clinic are just a bit more tempting than at the public hospital. So here I am in the natural birthing room waiting for Kaitlyn to be born. To think that I'll soon be there for Baby Evan is unreal.

Aucun commentaire: