lundi 29 décembre 2008

38 Week Exam


I had my 38 week appointment today. My next appointment is scheduled for 2 weeks from now..just one day shy of my due date!!! I know I've said this before but WHERE has the time gone!!!! Anyway, in a nutshell, all went well today. The doctor strongly suspects based on the internal exam that I will make it to 40 weeks! I'm actually happy and relieved to hear this news since Toomas Mom isn't scheduled to be here until January 9th AND because a December birth would mean entry into the school system one full year earlier. I've been having a LOT of fairly painful contractions lately, so I'm relieved to know they aren't doing anything!!! I mostly get them on ONE side and not in my back...but it was great to hear that things aren't impending. Just a few days to make it until 2009! :) The baby hasn't yet engaged either, although I do feel him to be a lot lower than in previous weeks. I had a very quick ultrasound today in which the doc was mainly concerned to check fetal size and position. Currently the little man is checking in at 3490 grams or 7 pounds 11 oz. This is with 2 weeks to go. I'm quite sure he will be close to Erik's size which was 4 kg and 55 cm long! We'll see though...the doc's opinion was that he wouldn't quite reach 4 kg.. I had a bout of stomach flu for a few days and it was rough. The nausea wasn't as bad as the extreme fatigue and muscle pain. I survived though and am feeling up to par again as of today. I still have a lot of things to do on my list, but I'm getting there. Next week will be my final blood draw for the anesthesiologist. I had my appointment last week at the public clinic with their anesthesiologist just in case my private clinic is full on d-day. Now I'm all set for either clinic once I do the blood tests. I'm not planning on having an epidural but it is mandatory for emergency situations (emergency c-section). Last night I made up my birthing music cd and printed a neat little label directly on the cd. Today the kids did drawings for my hospital room and I printed out a little photo of the 3 of them to keep me company during my stay. All the small details are almost in order!!! Physically the pregnancy is getting to be a lot more difficult. Just one month ago I was SO comfortable, but now having a basketball size belly is getting difficult. Bending and moving around have become a lot harder in the last week or two. I'm hanging in there for sure, but it isn't a cake walk. I lost 2 kg since my last visit, but baby is still gaining a very well. I'm happy to hang on for another 2 weeks!!! The photo is of my baby belly taken just a few minutes ago--you can see how much the little man has GROWN!!!!

1 commentaire:

4 in 4 a dit…

HI Kelly
You look great. I love the baby belly and wish I could have one again too! It won't be long now and you will get to meet your little guy up close and personal. I can't wait to hear the birth story and see the pictures. Glad to hear you and everyone recovered from the stomach flu! And you Christmas looked fabulous!

Best wishes and happy 2009,
Alex