samedi 8 novembre 2008

7th Month Appointment

Yesterday I had my 7th month exam. As I suspected it was pretty uneventful. My doc was backed up (1.5 hour wait) and I KNEW there wouldn't be an ultrasound. I actually didn't mind because I wasn't expecting one. Right when we were finished she asked if I wanted a peek, but I knew she was in a rush so I said we'd wait until next time.

All looked fine with me and baby. Cervix is as closed as can be expected for 3 deliveries (1 cm dilated), but long and firm. Baby's heartbeat sounded great and it appears he is head down from a quick external check. My BP was normal and wt gain this time was fine also. I did get the results of my glucose tolerance test back and passed...ie NO gestational diabetes. BUT on the downside she said my sugar levels dip quite low in response to the introduction of too much sugar. She said this was my body working too hard to "equalize" the sugar. In diabetes people don't make enough insulin..in low blood sugar cases, you make TOO MUCH and this metabolizes the sugar too fast and the levels can drop in the low range. My levels were indeed outside of the normal and into the low range, but very close the the normal "low". She told me to eat more often and try to eat protein when possible. She did mention that the tendency to have low blood sugar meant that I might gain weight more easily. This DOES seem to be the case, but I won't dwell on the numbers anymore!!!

My next appointment will be on December 5th and I will have an ultrasound then. It will be my LAST appointment with my doctor. At that point I will switch to the doctor who is affiliated with the clinic where I want to deliver. It is amazing to think that I am approaching my LAST appointment with my usual doctor. Definately bittersweet!

On Wednesday I will go and enroll at the clinic where I will deliver. I don't think I will do a tour this time since it wasn't all that long ago that I was there delivering Kaitlyn. It is all still pretty fresh in my mind. I'm hoping to have a very similar delivery to that of Kaitlyn. I want to use the jacuzzi tub, exercise ball and hanging sling...and of course go with a non-medicated delivery! We had such a great labor last time. I'm hoping for a smooth repeat!!!

So that is the news...not much to report.

Aucun commentaire: