vendredi 25 juillet 2008

15 Weeks!


My oh my, the weeks are starting to fly by! I suppose it is a result of the weather being nice & summery, me feeling a lot better and the kids being on vacation! We are so enjoying our summer...dinners on the terrace, leisurely mornings of rest...no rushing around! I must remember to savor every moment before the hectic pace of school and activities starts up again!


Today I went for my AFP blood draw. I already did the first trimester screen to access the risk of trisomies---The first timester screen measures 2 blood markers: B-Hcg and Papp-A, along with the nuchal measurement . This tests is B-Hcg combined with AFP (alfafetoprotein)...there is no ultrasound with this, and the test is more indicative for the risks associated with open neural tube defects, but also with trisomy risk as well. I pray all the results come back fine. I don't know if I will get them before my doctor gets back from vacation though. She won't be back until the 3rd week of August.


Of course I'm attaching a photo of my pregnant self. I am still wearing my normal pants and they are fitting fine for the moment. I've gained 4.4 kg to date. I'm feeling more or less better these days, but have had headaches the last few days. I really detest them, but it is much better than the nausea! We just returned from a 3 day trip to Disneyland Paris. It was REALLY fun but exhausting at the same time. We were on the go EVERY second of the day! I am glad I was feeling up to it. It was really the perfect point in the pregnancy to go. I will attach some photos in another post.

Aucun commentaire: